Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aloha!!

Aloha!!

I had a surprise trip to Hawaii this summer.

My brother and his wife were over there working this summer and before they came home find it for e they were wanting to get family picture but couldn't find anything very affordable over there. I teased that they could fly me over and I could do it for cheaper than anyone in Hawaii :)


A few days later I got a phone call and a proposition:

I fly to Kauai

take family pictures of my brother's family

and a few other families that were there working as well


then help my sister in law

fly back to Seattle with the two kids

where she would spend a few days with us


then send her on her way to Utah.



Flight paid for :)

I was all for it. . .

. . .but I did need to check with Joe.

someone needed to stay with the kids :)



He was all for it!!


What a wonderful husband!


I was off to Hawaii!





Waimea canyon, Kauai, Hawaii--the Grand Canyon of the Pacific


Poipu beach with my cute niece and nephew!


This was my favorite beach--but it was busy!




Tunnel beach--Ever seen Soul Surfer?

This is the area that the shark attack happened.


I didn't go surfing:)


Beautiful blue sky, blue water and lovely sand!


But I did miss my kids and Joe!!
Addison did not do well any time we face timed. She would cry for an hour after wanting me to come home. (She is a bit of a momma's girl)

We decided we would have to bring the kids back--when they were older.
When Peyton was 13 and Addison was 10--hopefully that will work :)

I had a lovely time. . .

eating Hawaiian Shave Ice
sitting in the sun
having fresh mango and papaya
getting a sunburn
finding delicious Macademia Nut Hershey kisses--the flags say Aloha :)
spending time with Kamri and Nixon who I don't get to see enough
chatting and catching up with Hilary
watching my brother do a mini triatholon--and getting a tiny bit worried
watching Soul Surfer
eating yummy fish tacos
finding the best flip flops--I LOVE flip flops!
taking family pictures of 4 cute families
seeing waterfalls
and canyons
and green
and blue

Heavenly!!
(minus my family)

1 comment: