Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cable or no cable that is the question?

What do you do to watch TV?



We recently changed our TV situation. We have had a DVR for a long time and when HD came out we got that as well. We have always had either satellite or Cable.



We have been batting around the idea of cancelling our cable for sometime now but never got around to it until we got a big push to cut some expenses :)



So for about two weeks now we have had no cable, no DVR, HD sometimes when the antennae reception is good and WE ARE SURVIVING! :)



Funny how you think you won't, and although as I sit here trying to watch The Biggest Loser the reception keeps cutting in and out (it's like a big game, when they flash the weight up on the screen the TV cuts out, haha, funny!) it's not to bad. We stream Netflix through the Wii and we plug the laptop in when we want to watch something else.



It's all very reminiscent of when I was a kid. Only we also had no remote for a long time and plug your laptop into the TV?! What's a laptop?
My kids have no idea how this works and still ask if we can "pause the TV". But we are saving money, a fair amount monthly. And we hardly miss it!

Changing our focus, slowly but surely we are getting priorities in the right order!



2 comments:

  1. Wow. That would be really hard for us to give up! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cable-satelite-HD-DVR-less and I love it. I get whatever stations come on through my antennae, watch some shows (most of my TV watching) on Hulu, and catch a few cable shows at the gym - my motivation to go run if there is something I really want to watch. So, besides my electric bill, I don't pay anything for TV.

    ReplyDelete