Monday, May 28, 2012

Off to the Circus!

In a moment of weakness or an instant of bravery I agreed to go "flying".

Paul and I for a BAAS-school field trip went to Emerald City Trapeze for a flying lesson.

I ended going back 3 times in May.

I am absolutely no good at it :)  But it is very fun!

Peyton and Addison got to come watch one day, see them below watching their mom "fly".

I'm sure they are VERY impressed :)

They both would like to try it sometime.

You climb a rickety ladder, get hooked to the lines, reach and grab the trapeze bar, hop off the "high" platform, swing through the air, put your knees on the bar, let go of your arms, then back up on the bar and a forward, backward, forward kick and a back flip off and land on the net below.

The goal is to get the timing right in three swings so that you can be "caught" by the catcher on the other side and other swing.

That's the part I am no good at :)  I'll be back after a bit of exercise and a few pounds less.





No comments:

Post a Comment