Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We Love Target!


We love Target and usually spend too much money with each trip we make :)


Yesterday Addison and I were making a quick trip to Target before her dance class so we could get me some new pajamas for "Pancake and Pajama" day at her school (see yesterday's post). So we zip in and Addison in her cute little pink leaotard and tights and tennis shoes is trying to keep up with me. So we go to the pajama section and Addison tries to have me get this little teddy. "Because it's pretty" I tell her probably not appropriate to wear to school and we go looking at the other choices. She ends up picking this lovely number with pink and purple hearts all over the pants and a nice benign black shirt.


Pajamas--check


So now we have the pajamas and I say, "Since we were so quick let's go grab a couple of other things Mommy needs." (Printer ink and shampoo and conditioner) She is so very agreeable and we head towards the electronic section for ink. She is a few steps behind me.


Now here's where we have trouble. . .you know the BIG, WHITE posts that they have in Target? I think maybe they hold up the roof :) Well Addison apparently does not know about those, except she really does because we have had very near misses, many, many times. This time though it's like slow motion as I turn around to make sure she is still right behind me and before I can say, "Addison, watch out!" She runs square into the post, face right into it, nose smashed. I am kind of thinking to myself, BROKEN NOSE. She stops, stunned and looks at me and then bursts into tears. I pick her up and then she says, "Oh no Mom there is blood on your shirt and purse, my nose is bleeding." So I put her down and I am searching in my purse for some kind of kleenex, wipe, anything. . . nothing!


So there we are at the end of the toy aisle with blood all over Addison's hands, nose, and some on her cupcake raincoat (which she is not thrilled about) and me on my shirt, purse and a little on my hands with nothing to wipe it up with.


Luckily at that exact time a very nice lady from our ward is walking by, and she just happens to have toilet paper in her cart she is buying. So she pulls out a roll and hands it to us. We get cleaned up, come very near having to file "an incident" report with a Target employee, and are off to get our ink.


Ink-Check


We do not get our shampoo and conditioner, which I now need desperately.


Addison told her dance class, and teacher, her school class and teacher, and Peyton and Joe all about it. So much for a quick trip to Target!


But we still love you Target, even with BIG, WHITE posts throughout your store :)

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to post a pic of you in the new PJs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! I'm so glad someone from the ward walked by with toilet paper and that Madison was still able to go to dance class. I enjoyed visiting teaching you yesterday, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh......I'm still giggling....sorry. I think you (and Addison) are so dang funny!

    ReplyDelete