Thursday, January 27, 2011

You Can't Hear Inside My Mind?

What an interesting concept? Maybe that would be the super power I would want, or maybe not. That might just be to much to hear inside everyone's mind. Maybe just to hear inside my husband and children's mind?!? Hmmm?


Well today at Peyton's piano lessons he was playing through a song that he would be playing this upcoming week, so sight reading, and not giving the notes their full count.
He struggles with counting (at least out loud). I think he got that from my sister :)


So his teacher, who is a very sweet lady, asks him to count out loud. And the conversation goes like this:


Peyton: "I'm counting in my mind"

Teacher: "But I can't hear you"

Peyton: "But I can"


Well he just might have something there. I guess we do hear what's in our own mind. But if we are to "get it right", sometimes we have to "count out loud" and let others hear us.


Thanks Peyton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment