Sunday, May 1, 2011

Playdough up who's nose?!?!

My friend Marcey came to visit last Wednesday evening, from Utah, for the weekend.


On Thursday we dropped Addison off at her school, Sammamish Learning Center in the afternoon and then headed off to go to lunch and get pedicures. We had a nice lunch at Panera and then headed to swing by the Seattle temple before our pedicure appointment.


And I checked my voicemail on the way there.


This is the voicemail I got (verbatim):


Hi Heather, this is Miss Jill calling from Sammamish Learning Center, it's about 10 of 2 and I just wanted to let you know that Addison so sweetly admitted that she put a piece of PLAYDOUGH up her nose at circle time and went out to recess.


And I think realized that it had lodged up in her, (pause) probably nasal cavity and shared that with Ms. Elvira and so she brought her in and I had her blow and SHE ACTUALLY BLEW the playdough out of her nose.


So she was very concerned about telling you. I just wanted to let you know and you can handle it however you want on your end.


It sounds like she may be putting things up her nose periodically (chuckle). So she admitted to that and she so clearly was VERY HONEST about what she had done so I wanted you to know that and I have tried the house. I did not leave a message so if you want to call that would be great. . . Bye.



I called the school back, after I stopped laughing. Miss Jill was very quick to say that she had had many a child in the office before with things up their nose but she was not certain that anyone had ever actually "blown" it out before. And she was very impressed that Addison also "admitted" to putting it up there, because getting the children to say what they did is not always easy either.


I wondered why Addison would be concerned about telling me, but in thinking about she is in a big "pick your nose" phase and I am constantly telling her to "get your finger out of your nose". So I am sure that she was a bit concerned with having something up there that shouldn't be :)


All is well, no trip to the doctor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment