Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!!

Today we had a nice Valentines Day.

Yesterday I got to go help in Addison's class.

I helped them each roll out a ball of sugar cookie dough and then cut it into a heart shape and decorate it with sprinkles.  Sometimes A LOT of sprinkles :)

Today as the co-room parent of Peyton's class I got to go and help with his class Valentine's Day party.

We did a Valentines Day Minute to Win It game.  They kids loved it!  Find it here.

Paper airplanes that they got to fold and try to fly through a heart that I made out of foam board.  I found lots of free paper airplane patterns here

We did Valentine fortune tellers--get the pattern here.

And the kids passed out their Valentines.

Then we had a pink and red dinner.


We had:

Spaghetti
Red Jello with strawberries and topped with whipped cream and a strawberry
Strawberries
Pink bread

and Pink Cherry Chip homemade Oreos for dessert




If you put the red food coloring in the water, it is a nice and uniform color 


I gave Joe a Year of Dates for his gift.

12 months preplanned, each in a different envelope.
A lot of them I had prepaid or had a gift card.

I got the idea here and then changed a few things to meet our needs.
I'll post some of them as we do them :)

Joe was surprised!  And felt bad he didn't get me anything.

I didn't--I got my iPad for Christmas (and Valentines Day and Mother's Day and, and, and. . .)
and I LOVE my iPad!

And now we are set for the year and it benefits me too!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the games you did at Peyton's valentines party. Your Valentine's dinner looks so festive.

    ReplyDelete