Saturday, February 4, 2012

What's for Dinner? Day 66

I used to love to make homemade pizza when I was younger.

I remember having a birthday party one year when I was probably in about 5th grade and making mini pizzas for the party.

I usually make one big pizza when I make homemade pizza but tonight we did mini ones. 

The kids loved it!!

I used the EASIEST bread recipe for the dough. 

I don't think that you can mess it up :)  For real!

I used to never make bread because the yeast scared me.

And then we had a Relief Society meeting in Utah many years ago and the Bread ladies came from Pantry Secrets and showed us how to make bread--the easy way.  You can find them here.  It's so versatile!!

I also made some breadsticks as well.

Bread Recipe--used for Pizza Dough

I only made a half a batch this time.  A whole batch makes 4 loaves of bread or the equivalent.

10 1/2 cups white bread flour (do not use all-purpose flour)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp salt
3 rounded Tbsp saf-instant yeast
3 Tbsp liquid lecithin (squeeze or pour apporximately 3 Tbsp in bowl, do not measure)
4 cups hot tap water

Mix dry ingredients.  Add lecithin and water.  Mix for 1 minute and check consistency.  If dough is to dry, add more water.  If dough is to moist, add more flour.  Mix for 5 minutes.  (Do not add water or flour to the dough after it has finished mixing.)  Spray counter and pans with Pam.  Shape loaved and cover with a dish towel.  Let rise for 25 minutes (I don't let the pizza dough rise, I use right away).  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

For whole wheat bread, use the same recipe but add one cup of applesauce as part of the hot tap water.  Mix for ten minutes.

I whipped up some pizza sauce from a can of tomato sauce and a premixed sauce mix from Ms. Shirley's.

We used

pepperoni
sausage
Canadian bacon
pineapple
mozzarella cheese

to top our pizza







No comments:

Post a Comment