Monday, March 12, 2012

What's for Dinner? Day 102

Tonight we had an Asian inspired meal.  I found a steak marinade on Pinterest here.  Which was an adaptation from the Pioneer Women's Black Heels to Tractor Heels book (which I have not read, but just might pick it up now as I do like the Pioneer Woman)

Asian Inspired Flat Iron Steak Recipe


I of course adapted a few things myself, noted in red.
Recipe type: Main Author: Savory Sweet Life Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: 4-6 A delicious Asian-inspired grilled flat iron steak recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman.

Ingredients

1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Sherry--I did not have this and so looked for sherry substitutes and I found vanilla was a substitute and I had that in the house.  It was 1 tsp vanilla to 1Tbsp sherry. 
1/4 cup Honey
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons (heaping) Minced Ginger
2 Tablespoons (3-5 cloves) Minced Garlic
teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

2 Flat Iron Steaks--I used one big flank steak which is what the Pioneer Woman used.

Garnish: 2 Tablespoons Roasted Sesame Seeds and 2 Green Onions, slivered.

Instructions

Gather all ingredients together – soy sauce, sherry, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and flat iron steak.

Whisk the ingredients in a bowl. Place the steaks and marinade in a ziplock bag and chill in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.Grill steaks on high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare steaks. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and green onion slivers on top to garnish.

We served it with rice and a frozen stir fry veggie pack.  It was pretty good but I did not like that I could taste the vanilla it the marinade.  Maybe would have been better with the sherry or a different substitute :)  It looked pretty though!



No comments:

Post a Comment