Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's for Dinner? Day 115-121 (End of March)

We moved in April---the whole month of April.

That seems like a good idea, spreading it out, but I am not so sure.  I was worn out and grouchy!

Probably because I did a lot of it!!

Although I did have some great friends who came and helped move and clean the old house, which saved me a few days :)

Even in the middle of the move we did have some yummy meals and some fun activities.

In an attempt to catch myself up quickly, I will list the meal, stick in a picture and give you the link to the yummy recipe.

Our fun activites will follow in a different post :)

Day 115

Baked Creamy Taquitos

It was a Our Best Bites night.

We had the Taquitos, find them here, black beans and guacamole both from the cookbook but I can't find them online.  Oops! 

It was delicious though and a thumbs up all around.






Day 116

I don't even know what happened this night :)  Oh wait I do.  I had a cold, or more likely bronchitis and had been coughing so badly that I broke a rib.  OUCH!!  No dinner cooking for me, I can barely move.


Day 117

Italian Meatball Soup

The kids were "a thumb's to the side" on this one.  But Joe and I liked it a lot.  I was feeling much better today being on a dose of Prednisone :)  I used the leftover meatballs that I had frozen from our Spaghetti and Meatballs we had a while ago.

Find the soup in Our Best Bites cookbook.  It isn't listed on their website.  And my brain was a bit fogged, no picture :)


Day 118

Corn Cakes with Tomato, Avocado Relish

This was a hit, thumb's up all around.  Find the "yumminess" here.





Day 119

Santa Fe Chicken Salad

This is a family favorite--Basically make a green salad, we like to make sure that there are tomatoes, corn and black beans.  For the chicken I used the Spicy Shake and Bake.  For the dressing we use homeade Hidden Valley Ranch and add some Wingers (and wing restaurant in Utah and Idaho) sauce.

The kids loved the chicken!!

They always "pick" around the salad.




Day 120

Breakfast for Dinner

Breakfast is a great fall back meal isn't it?

Today we had scrambled eggs, homemade hash browns and bacon.  The kids love it.  They always make comment, "That it is the best meal ever".  Why do I cook anything else? :)

No recipe, but I do have to say homemade hashbrowns are the best!




 
Don't those look like happy kids?!


Day 121

Sounders Game--Qwest Field, Seattle

Joe got 4 tickets to the Sounder FC soccer game in the Suite from AT&T.  So the 4 of us went and had some free food (which Peyton thought was great!) and watched the game.  Souunders lost :(


No comments:

Post a Comment