Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Year of Dates

We have been so bad at date nights.

It's just a hassle to get a babysitter and then more expensive because you have to pay a babysitter.

Anyway, there's always an excuse :)

This year for Valentine's Day I gave Joe. . .

. . .A Year of Dates

I found the idea here during one of my Pinterest rounds :)

I did it similar to her's in that I just put them each in a white envelope with the Month label at the top.  Then I wrapped them up in a bow and SURPRISE!  Most of them are already paid for.  Like I went and got a gift card or something and put it in the envelope.  Some of them are free :)

We schedule the date for the month on the 1st of each month.

FEBRUARY
--Spa Date at Home, think face masks :)
MARCH
--iPic movie and dinner--The Hunger Games
APRIL
--Temple and Thai
MAY
--Special at home, we'll just leave it at that ;)
JUNE
--Dinner at Mazatlan (just a restaurant not the actual location) and card games at the park
JULY
--Mini golf in Utah
AUGUST
--Movie and Blizzards from Dairy Queen
SEPTEMBER
--Picnic lunch and hike Mt. Si--Subway gift card-check
OCTOBER
--Seattle Art Museum and Fish and Chips at Pike Place Market
NOVEMBER
--A sleepover for 2--stay up, movie, popcorn and these quiz books I found
DECEMBER
--Mall Shopping Date and Cheescake Factory
JANUARY
--Wii and or Xbox game night



Today we had March date night.

We had pre-purchased tickets to the Hunger Games.


We went to the iPic theater in Redmond--check it out here.


I had an iPic gift card in the March envelope.

They serve food and you can take in into the theater to some cushy chairs.

We had pizza and sliders and little popcorn.

Dinner and a movie--CHECK :)




No comments:

Post a Comment