Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!/What's for dinner? Day 32

I love new beginnings!

Like a clean slate. . .

I am a fan of New Year's Resolutions!

I haven't made mine yet for this year
(that's what we are doing for FHE tomorrow)

But we do have a couple of things we are trying.

We have an UH-OH jar!

I got it here



Ours is more like a cookie "Uh Oh" jar. . .
. . .but the jist is whine, tattle tale, argue, etc.

Mommy says "Uh Oh" and you choose a chore from the jar.

things like--

take garbage out
unload dishwasher
clean deck
pick up dog poop

chores from the "uh oh" jar don't earn money :(
even if they are usually chores that do earn money.

I am looking forward to a very clean house :)


We had a lovely day at church today and I now have

The first sunday of the year OVER!

Now Primary can go on :)

I got to have a Sunday nap today, because we have 9:00 church this year!

And then we had delicious Cheese Soup with grapes and bread for dinner.

Joe loved it, Peyton loved it!

Addison was unsure at first.

"I do not want to eat that sauce Mom!"

When I let her know if wasn't sauce but soup she still wasn't convinced but she tried some, and then slurped up the whole bowl :)

This is one of my brother's favorite soups.

Cheddar Cheese Soup

2 cups boiling water
1 cup potatoes, diced
1 cup carrots, cliced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Colby-Jack)
1 cup ham, diced

Add water to potatoes, carrots, celery, salt and pepper.  Cover; simmer 10 minutes.  Do not drain.  Make white sauce by melting butter, sitr in flour to make paste.  Add milk slowly and thicken, stirring frequently.  Add cheese; stir until melted.  Add undrained vegetables and ham.  Heat through but do not boil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment