Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What's for dinner? Day 48

Today I thought we would have a snow day.  There wasn't much snow. . .but history and the threat of snow would lead me to believe that we would have no school.

We had a 2 hour late start.

It was nice, it have us time for eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Then Peyton went off to school and Addison and I went to take care of the animals one last time ;)



But it was still snowing off and on and I figured that they would have school end early.

They did. . .
. . . kind of!

I got a text, an email, a voicemail on my home number, my work number, Joe's number all saying that they were releasing kids to their parents and that busses would come 1/2 hour early.

That was not entirely correct.

That was for middle school.

Grade school actually was to have stayed for the whole day.

But I, like about 150 other parents, thought we should pick up our kids.  So I waited in line for 45 minutes and check Peyton out and the two boys that we carpool with :)

They were thrilled that I had come :)

The school district has already called a snow day for tomorrow.

The message I got said something like. . .

Due to the freezing temperatures tonight and the expected snow tomorrow school will be cancelled Wednesday!  So kids home again tomorrow!

They are having a sleepover in Peyton's room tonight.

However they have yet to SLEEP!

Tonight for dinner we had a delicious, simple pasta that my dad made up one day when my parents had come home from Costco with some Italian sausage they had taste tested.

We have had it many times since then.

Obviously that taste testing works!!


Italian Sausage and Bowtie Pasta

8-10 Italian sausage links
4-5 cups mini farfalle (bowtie pasta)
2 colored bell peppers, julienne cut
1 onion (cut in wedges)
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp garlic pepper
1 tsp coarse black pepper
3 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1/2 cup water
olive oil

Strip casings from sausage and cut into chunks.  Brown sausage in small amount olive oil until done.  Add a little more olive oil, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms and saute until tender crisp.  Add bouillon/water and seasonings.  Add pasta and toss gently.  Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.  May add more seasoning to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment