Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's for dinner? Day 41

Quiche Lorraine always reminds me of Laura--who was my second mom growing up.  Not because my mom wasn't around.  Just because my mom and Laura were best friends and had kids similar ages and spent a lot of time together!  It was great having another great lady to go to.

So when we had Quiche the other night I thought of Laura :)

The kids like it--Peyton more than Addison.

Joe and I both liked it--but we aren't to picky :)

Quiche Lorraine

1/2 pint whipping cream
1 cup colby-Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 onion, chopped
3 eggs
1 cup, ham chopped
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 pie shell, unbaked (I just used a store bought one)
salt and pepper to taste.

I doubled the ingredients (except for the pie shell) as my pie pan was pretty deep.

Saute ham and onions, put in pie shell.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Beat eggs well; mix in whipping cream and seasonings.  Pour over cheese.  Sprinkle with nutmeg.  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until set.

Yum!

We had it with green beans!




No comments:

Post a Comment