Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's for Dinner? Day 59

Our Amaryllis we planted before Christmas bloomed recently.

Isn't it lovely!!

I love big RED flowers in the winter.



I was so busy cleaning out the garage today that when dinner came around I was so very tempted to order pizza, or grab some fast food.  But becuase I did have something planned and am trying to save by not eating out. . .I broke down and made dinner.

We had an old Girl's camp specialty.  It is so easy and fast.


Santa Fe Chicken

1 cup chicken, cooked and cubed
1 cup salsa (I used Pace-Mild)
1 cup Minute rice
1 cup chicken broth
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 bunch cilantro
Cheddar cheese, grated (I used Colby/Jack)

Bring broth and salsa to a boil; add chicken.  Add the rice and cook per rice box directions.  Top with cheese, green onions, and cilantro.

You can use as a filling for tacos--that's what Joe, Peyton and Addison did.


No comments:

Post a Comment