Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's for dinner? Day 49

Tonight we had yummy bean and cheese burritos!

With a delicious sauce that my parents used to make (they got it from my Aunt Kathy).

You make the burritos with flour tortillas, a smear of refried beans down the middle and a sprinkle of cheese.  Pan fry them in some oil.  Turn once.

Burrito Sauce

This is one of those I don't use an exact recipe for, but it's easy to make.

Brown hamburger (season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper).  Add two cans stewed tomatoes (I like to chop them up up small or sometimes blend them up.  Add more seasonings and some salsa.  Let heat through.  Add mixture of (1/2 flour and 1/2 water shaken well) to thicken.

Cover burrito with sauce and sprinkle with cheese!  I sometimes like a dollup of sour cream as well!

We ate it with some Spanish rice.

Mmmm!!  Mmmm!!  Good!!

We all like it, the kids ate all of theirs (see picture of theirs below, they insisted)



Burrito and rice.

Addison insisted I take a picture of hers

And then Peyton wanted his too!  He covered his burrito and sauce with rice.  He ate 1 1/2 burritos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment