Thursday, January 12, 2012

What was supposed to be for dinner? Day 43

Ever had everything all planned--and then it goes WRONG!

Well I made dinner earlier in the day so that I could just pop it in the oven.

I had a busy afternoon--picking Peyton up from school, taking Addison to dance, picking up a friend's son to take him to soccer.

I knew I wouldn't be home until 5:30--

so I set the table
and figured out how to set the timer for the oven to come on
asked Joe to make some corn when he came home

and ran off to run my errands.

When I walked in at 5:20--I couldn't smell anything cooking.

There was a vague smell but not much.

So imagine my surprise when I opened up the oven--which did turn on by the way--and there was nothing in the oven--Yikes!!

I had put it in earlier but thought it was to early so I took it back out and put it in the fridge.

Thinking that I would put it back in just before Addison and I left--

Oops forgot to put it back in.  What an unpleasant surprise!!

Needless to say we will be having tonight's dinner tomorrow :)

and we had KFC/Taco Time tonight.

Which was an experience in and of itself--what with the nice Asian lady who did not get our order right at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment