Friday, December 23, 2011

Sugar cookie fun!!

Joe suggested decorating sugar cookies for a holiday activity for our family.

As kids Joe's family did cookies at their house for Christmas.

Sugar cookies
Chox (Haystacks)
some others that Joe can't remember the names
(maybe we'll update that when we talk to his sister)

We did candy at my house growing up for Christmas.

Cereal stuff
Fudge
 (dad's yummy homemade with marshmellows)
Caramels
 (mom's yummy homemade)
Peanut brittle
 (cashew brittle if we were lucky)

I made the cookie dough in the morning and then I let it chill. 
Then the kids and I cut them out before Joe came home.

Here they are learning to put them close to the edge and close together so we don't waste dough :)
There are rules to cooking!

The kids wanted to do a "funny" picture.  Peyton put me in a head lock :)
 
Getting ready to decorate the cookies!

We had a lot of variety of cookies.  Multi colored, sprinkles, lots of frosting, not much.


2 comments: