Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What's for dinner? Day 27

We had delicious Lasagna soup for dinner tonight. 
According to my niece it's "Freakin" good!

It's easy and perfect for a rainy night in Seattle!
and that's exactly what we had tonight :)

We had it with Caesar salad.
"Freakin'" Good Lasagna Soup

1 lbs. ground beef

1 small onion, chopped

1 large garlic clove, minced

1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce

1 (28 oz.) can Italian Style tomatoes

crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

1 beef boullion cube

3 chicken boullion cubes

4 c. water

1 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried thyme

3 - 4 Lasagna noodles, broken into pieces (I sometimes use different noodles if I have them, tonight I used some curly ones)

1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 c. ricotta or cottage cheese

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Drain fat. Add tomatoes (I chop up canned tomatoes before I put them in), tomato sauce, boullion cubes, water and seasonings. Heat to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Add lasagna noodles; continue cooking until noodles are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with a dallop of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese on top and sprinkle with mozzarella.

1 comment:

  1. I just printed out your recipe for Lasagna soup. I love lasagna (in fact I'm fixing it tonight) so hopefully I will love this soup too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete