Thursday, December 22, 2011

What's for dinner? Day 21 and 22

Last night we had hot pastrami sandwiches and some potato chips.

Tonight I had pastrami sandwiches for leftovers :) 
Joe took the kids to dinner and Christmas shopping for me.  What a nice break!

We love pastrami sandwiches!

The kids like them with just the pastrami and cheese.
The do not like the mushrooms and pickles :(

My dad makes them, at least that's where I got them from.

When Joe and I used to live in Washington and would go to visit my family in Utah we would always request Pastrami sandwiches the night we got into town :)

My dad would always make them--and sometimes we got in VERY late!

Hot Pastrami Sandwiches

Deli Pastrami-very thinly sliced
 (I like to use the kind from the counter that they slice right there on the spot)
Dill pickles, chopped
(I used delicious homemade ones that our friend Mikki made)
Mushrooms, canned stems and pieces
Sliced mozzarella
Hoagie bun
Mayonnaise
Mustard

In a skillet (or on a griddle) heat the pastrami along with the pickles and mushrooms.  When pastrami is heated place in the shape of your bun and put the hot mushrooms and pickles on top.  Place sliced mozzarella cheese on top and let melt.

While cheese is melting prepare the bun with a little mayo and mustard.

Place hot pastrami and cheese into bun.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment