Friday, December 2, 2011

What's for dinner? Day 2

We are going easy tonight.  It's called comfort food :)  Or maybe Mormon casserole goodness :)   It's one of those dishes we had as kids around my house and I have no idea where it comes from or I would give credit where credit is due :)

Whatever you call it we give it a thumbs up!
And the kids both like it. 
We like it with a veggie--ie. broccolli, green beans, sugar snap peas and sometimes muffins.

Chicken Rice Casserole

2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
2 cups rice, cooked (I prefer brown rice)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 scant cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot.  I like to make it earlier in the day and then cook it just before dinner (but it will take a bit longer to heat up after it's been in the fridge).

No comments:

Post a Comment