Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What's for dinner? Day 6

Today we are having an old favorite--The Cobb Salad
with homemade bleu cheese dressing!

According to the recipe I used it was to be barbecued chicken Cobb Salad, but I forgot to take some chicken out of the freezer this morning :) 

But I did get my starimaster in, so I guess it's a trade off.

 I just made a green salad with:

green leaf lettuce
green onions

and then had for the regular Cobb salad toppings:

bacon
tomatoes
avocado
hard-boiled eggs
shredded colby-jack cheese

However I do think that the barbecue chicken would be delicious!  Maybe in the summer!

Zesty Blue Cheese Dressing
Our Best Bites--Mormon Moms in the Kitchen
check it out here
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp minced garlic (1-2 cloves)  I used 1 tsp of minced bottled garlic!
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1-2 Tbsp milk or buttermilk.  I used about 1 Tbsp fat free milk.

Whisk together mayonniase, salt, pepper, vinegar and garlic.  Add blue cheese.  If you like thinner dressing add some milk or buttermilk until desired consistency.  Refrigerate for several hours if possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment